Individual Support Coordination
Individual Support Coordinators of the Fairfield County Board of Developmental Disabilities provide a number of services for the individuals and families that we serve, including:
- Helping individuals and families determine priorities.
- Making a plan that helps individuals choose the services they want.
- Establishing individual budgets for services.
- Linking individuals with the services and qualified service providers that meet their needs.
- Monitoring the services that have been chosen.
- Helping people to become more connected in their communities.
- Assisting families to make future life plans (for their family member with a developmental disability) when the time comes they are no longer able to care or provide direct support.
- Talk with the family about their concerns for the child and for themselves.
- Identify the child’s and family’s strengths and resources.
- Clarify the family’s vision for desired futures for their child and for themselves.
- Help the family develop an action plan, including how they want Fairfield DD to help.
- Give the family information about community resources and services, as they request.
- Help coordinate services the family receives from multiple agencies, including the school system, at the family’s request.
- Provide information on community activities, support groups and trainings.
Are you looking for a provider?
State certified providers are available to help with personal care, day habilitation programming, and more. To search the State's database for a provider who could help you, please click here.
For more information about Individual Support Coordination contact:
Director of Services and Supports
Fairfield County Board of Developmental Disabilities
(740) 652-7220 - Office