DAY SERVICES PROVIDERS
Are you looking for a provider?
State certified providers are available to help with personal care, day habilitation programming, and more. To search the State's database for a provider who could help you, please click here.
JobFusion strives to assist every individual in securing and retaining employment by utilizing our cutting-edge job-seeking support. We support each person’s desire to work.
JobFusion professionals support local businesses with full-time, part-time and seasonal staffing.
Employment services for job seekers are provided and/or funded by Fairfield DD and the Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD).
JobFusion assists people with disabilities:
- Find and keep jobs to fit their interests and abilities.
- Learn how to arrange transportation to and from work.
- Improve performance and develop new techniques and skills.
- Meet the expectations of the job through systematic instruction.
- Matches an individual’s strengths and interests with an employer’s needs in the workplace.
- Provides support to the employee and employer as needed after a successful job match.
DiscoverU is an innovative training and employment model developed by Fairfield DD for adults with disabilities. The program was inspired, in part, by Governor John Kasich’s executive order that community employment should be the first option for all working-age adults and transition-age youth with developmental disabilities. DiscoverU is located inside the River Valley Mall in Lancaster next to the mall management office. The site includes a training area, meeting rooms and a computer lab.
Staff focuses on the unique strengths of each participant. By using these strengths as a starting point, the staff build participants’ works skills and confidence which creates the foundation to develop the work ethic that a business community values. In addition, participants focus on internships, customer service, teamwork, time management, responsibility, conflict resolution, applications, resume construction, application processes and self-esteem.
Working with area high schools, the DiscoverU staff teaches generally-accepted work conduct to enhance what students learn in the classroom. Students have the opportunity to experience evidence-based curriculum as well as actual work experience with business partners located in River Valley Mall.
CVS Corporate Sponsored Training in DiscoverU
Focusing on cash register, stocking and inventory training, the CVS training store is a collaboration between CVS Caremark and JobFusion. Participants receive hands-on training using actual merchandise in the training center. Individuals taking part in this training practice and learn customer service, merchandising and cash register skills which are transferable to any retail setting. This training can be customized to meet the needs of the participant.
Business Advisory Council
The Business Advisory Council assists in educating businesses in Fairfield County about the benefits of hiring employees with developmental disabilities; provides expert business advice and counsel to The Fairfield County Board of DD/JobFusion; and champions and advocates for Fairfield County Board of DD/JobFusion in the community.
Members are recruited to serve on the BAC because of:
- Their belief and commitment to helping individuals with disabilities find employment.
- Their leadership in the business community; and
- Their business expertise.
The Council meets the third Thursday of every month. Meetings focus on BAC member’s assistance and guidance on employment-related business issues and projects in the community.
ISC for Adults
Individual Support Coordinators of the Fairfield County Board of Developmental Disabilities support individuals and families that we serve in many ways, including:
- Helping individuals and families determine priorities
- Making a plan that helps individuals choose the services they want
- Establishing individual budgets for services
- Linking individuals with the services and qualified service providers that meet their needs
- Monitoring the services that have been chosen
- Helping people to become more connected in their communities
- Assisting families to make future life plans (for their family member with a developmental disability) when the time comes they are no longer able to care or provide direct support
For more information about Individual Support Coordination contact:
Director of Services and Supports Fairfield County Board of DD
(740) 652-7220 (Office)